Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fun Class - C for Crocodile

In this Fun Class, Chloe made the puppets of a crocodile and 2 monkeys:The drawings were cut out and provided by Jann's phonics course. I let Chloe crush the crepe paper and paste it on the crocodile puppet. I helped her colour the 2 monkeys.
The final products are below:
These puppets were then used in the rhyme, which was very fun and interesting. I wore the crocodile on one hand, and sticked the 2 monkeys to my 2 fingers of another hand, the rhyme goes like this:

Two little monkeys swinging on a tree, they swing and swing, what did they see?
Here came a crocodile as hungry as can be......
"Nah, nah nah nah nah..... You cannot catch me....."
(Crocodile snapped away one monkey)
One little monkey swinging on the tree, he swing and swing, what did he see?
Here came a crocodile as hungry as can be......
"Nah, nah nah nah nah..... You cannot catch me....."
(Crocodile snapped away the last one monkey)
No more monkey swinging on the tree....

Chloe likes this puppet playing very much, I put the puppets in a file after the lesson, she'll take it out and play it herself. She'll sing the rhyme, incomplete here and there, but never mind, as long as she enjoys it :)

Structure of the lesson:
1) Greeting Song, click here for greeting song
2) Introduce phonics of C, sing phonics song of C
3) Prompting (Crocodile is too difficult to her, I skipped this part)
4) Tell the kid today we're learning C for Crocodile, colour crocodile on the phonics sheet.
5) Art craft on the crocodile and monkey puppets
6) Summary
7) Closing song

Click here for closing song

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting