Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fun Class: E for Egg and Elephant

I had the lesson on "E for Egg" with Chloe long time ago, before we had the lessons on B, C and D. This is because on that particular day, a colleague send us the baby full month cake where red eggs were included in the goodies bag. Since Chloe knows A-Z already, there shouldn't be any harm to skip the sequence and so I made use of the red eggs to have the "E for Egg" lesson with her.
The topic song in this lesson was "humty Dumpty", it was a coincidence that she learned about this rhyme from her weekend Zoophonics lesson a week before my fun class, so she could well relate the song to the topic.

The rhyme goes like this:
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again

For those who are not familiar with this rhyme, "humpty dumpty" was a character portrayed as an egg :)

I did not take any picture of this lesson, probably too eager to eat the red egg after the lesson, Chloe had fun singing the rhyme, she told me "humpty dumpty egg", haha!

The second lesson was on "E for Elephant", as "elephant" was quite a long word for Chloe, I skipped the prompting part. There are 2 arts for this lesson, the first one is the elephant puzzle, which I let her colour it with crayon.
elephant
The body parts of the elephant can be 'dismantled', it was stick to the paper by blue tags and after which I told her to stick back the parts to the correct places. While she's doing that, I asked her the body parts and she answered them. E.g. I would ask 'where is the leg?' and she would tell me "leg is here".
elephant puzzle

The second arts work was an elephant puppet, you'll need an envelop, 2 cuttings of the ear shape, 1 long strip paper as the nose:
elephant puppet

I let her colour the "ears" and "nose",
elephant puzzle

The finished product after the ears and nose are pasted on the envelop. Put your hand in the envelop and it would become a puppet:
elephant puppet

It was a fun class thanks to the arts work above :)

The lesson plan:
1) Greeting Song, click here
2) Introduce phonics of E, sing phonics song of E
3) Let the kids see pictures of objects start with E
4) Prompting
5) Tell the kid today we're learning E for Egg or Elephant
6) Art craft on the Egg or Elephant
7) Summary
8) Closing song

Click here for song on "humpty dumpty" and here for elephant

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting