Monday, October 31, 2011

Fun Class - H for House!

Start the lesson by singing Greeting Song. Your child should be very familiar with the procedure now.
After singing this song, your child should be settled down and looking forward to your introduction of what he is going to learn. While his attention is still on you, introduce letter "H". You may show him a freely card of letter H, or just show him an A4 paper printed with letter "H".
H
This was what I'd shown my girl in the previous lesson and I let her trace the letter.
Let your kid listen to the phonics song of letter "H", that goes like this:
"Hare and hunter h h h, Hare and hunter h h h, h is the sound of H!"
In the previous lesson, I let my girl take out the pictures of items start with letter H from a bag and paste them one by one on the A4 paper mentioned above. For this second lesson, I let her label the pictures. She would spell out the words before pasting them on the pictures.

While your kid can still focus, prompt him on the word "house". You should voice out the phonics of each letter and let the kid say the letters. You may prompt the letters one by one and let the kid spell out the word and read the word. For my girl, I did not prompt her for the first few lessons, but as she is able to capture the concept now and I started prompting her in my previous 2 lessons.
E.g. of how prompting works:
You say "heh", kid says "H"
You say "O", kid says "O"
You say "woo", kid says "U"
You say "ssss", kid says "S"
You say "end with....", kid says "E" (E is silent sound here)
You say "spell the word", kid says "H.O.U.S.E."
You say "read the word", kid reads the word "house".


The craft for this lesson is to cut out papers in a few different shapes and paste the shapes into a house. In this craft the kid learns the different shapes and colours. For younger toddler you may prepare the cut outs as follow:
craft for H
Let the kid paste the different shapes to make a picture of house.

For me I added in some drawings like "sun", "flower" and we had fun scribble on it.
We had fun dancing around with the closing song of "Hokey Pokey".
As usual, my girl gave me a kiss and ended the lesson :)

The lesson plan:
1) Greeting Song, click here
2) Introduce letter "H"
3) Introduce phonics of H, sing phonics song of H
4) Let the kid label the pictures of objects starting with H
5) Prompting, spell out "house" and read the word
6) Craft
7) Colour the phonics sheet (optional)
8) Summary
9) Closing song

Development age: 2 years 7 mths
(every kid learns on their own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting