Friday, November 25, 2011

Fun Class - I for Indian!

This was the second lesson for letter 'I'.
We started the lesson after singing greeting song.
In this lesson, my girl learned 'I' for 'Indian'.
We listened to the phonics sound of 'I', followed by phonics song , that went like this:
"Itchy insects i, i, i, i is the sound of I!"
(If you are not familiar with the phonics sound of A-Z, you may click here)
She had done a paper with pictures of objects starting with letter 'I' in the previous lesson, she labeled the pictures in this second lesson of 'I'.

She would spell out the word before labeling the picture on the paper.
The craft work for this lesson was an Indian headband, the materials were as follow:

Chloe was very curious about the feathers and kept asking me what were that.
After the headband was done, she happily put it on:

She wore the headband and happily dance with the closing song "Ten Little Indian Boys"

Lesson plan:
1) Greeting Song, click here
2) Introduce letter "I"
3) Introduce phonics of I, sing phonics song of I
4) Label the pictures of objects starting with I
5) Prompting, spell out "Indian" and read the word
6) Craft
7) Colour the phonics sheet (optional)
8) Summary
9) Closing song

Development age: 2 years 7 mths
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting