Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fun Class - J for Jack-in-the-box!

This was the second lesson for letter "J".
As my parents in law came to visit us from Malaysia and they had occupied the study room, we had the lesson in my bedroom and Chloe had got to do her work on the floor without table and chair.
We started the lesson after singing the greeting song.
We listened to the phonics sound of "J" and the phonics song, that went like this:
"Jams and Jellies, j, j, j.... j is the sound of J!"
(If you are not familiar with the phonics sound of A-Z, you may click here)
In the first lesson on letter "J", she had done a paper with the pictures of object starting with "J"; in this lesson, she labeled the pictures with the words.

She would spell the words before labeling the pictures one by one.
The craft work for this lesson was "Jack-in-the-box", which she had done previously in her weekend enrichment class with Zoophonics, she thus had a better idea of who is this "Jack", ha!
The materials were as follow:

You will need an empty tissue paper box, cut the bottom and top with a cross cut.
For younger toddler, you may want to paste the picture of Jack on the paper bag and let the child do the colouring only.

The finished product would look like this:

Chloe playing with her "Jack-in-the-box" happily:

The closing song was "Jack-in-the-box", as it is a mp3 file, I cannot give the link here. The lyrics of the song went like this:
"Jack in the box
Jumps out like this
He makes me laugh
When he wraggle his head
I gently press him down again
Saying Jack in the box
You must go to bed"

Chloe gave me a kiss and hug to end the lesson.
It was not a smooth lesson, as my husband was busy talking to my in-law, my boy was wondering around in the room and disturbing his sister during the lesson. It is really not an easy task for those mummies looking after 2 kids or more by themselves.

(My boy, the little monster that disturbed us during the lesson)

Lesson plan:
1) Greeting Song, click here
2) Revise letter J by showing kid the alphabet
3) Kid listens to phonics sound and song of J
4) Kid labels pictures of object starting with letter J, spell and read the word before labeling.
5) Prompting
6) Craft work on "Jack-in-the-box"
7) Summary
8) Closing song

Development age: 2 years 8 mths
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting