Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fun Class: M for Mummy

Finally, after a long break of CNY, I was able to resume my fun class for Chloe....

This is the second lesson for letter "M", and she learned "M for Mummy" in that lesson.

She happily sang the greeting song to start the lesson when I told her so.

We listened to the phonics rhyme and song of letter M, the song went like this:
"Mummy loves me, m, m, m.... m is the sound of M!"
Chloe hugged me while listening to the song, I was touched.
(If you are not familiar with the phonics sound of A-Z, you may click here)

In the previous lesson, she traced the letter "M" and pasted the pictures of object spelled after the letter. In this lesson, she labeled the pictures. She would spell and read the words before pasting them on the pictures.


Chloe and her pictures of objects spelled after "M"


I prompted her to spell the word "mummy", the mischievous her purposely say the letter out softly:


The craft work for this lesson was doing up a photo frame of the child with mummy, the materials were as follow:


Brayden had broken the bottle of glue the day before (yes, you may call him a giant baby for having such a strength) and Chloe had damaged the UHU glue in the previous lesson, so, no glue, what to do?! Ah~

We ended up not using the crepe paper, I let her scribbled on the card with crayon, and used double sided tape to paste the embellishments. We used puncher to cut the flower embellishments which were not given by Jann in the craft materials.


The finished product:


We sang the closing song of "世上只有妈妈好" (Shi Shang Zhi You Ma Ma Hao), or you may let your kid hear this "Mummy Daddy I Love You"

Chloe given me a hug to end the lesson and said "thank you" to me.

She happily showed her daddy the photo frame after the lesson. Her daddy hung the photo frame in his office today :)

Lesson plan:
1) Greeting Song, click here
2) Revise letter M by showing kid the alphabet
3) Kid listens to phonics sound and song of M
4) Kid labels pictures of object starting with letter M, spell and read the word before labeling.
5) Prompting
6) Craft work
7) Summary


Development age: 2 years 10 mths
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

I attended my phonics lesson for mummies here.

List of my fun classes:
1) A for Ant
2) A for Apple
3) B for Bubbles and Bear
4) C for Crocodile
5) C for Cake
6) D for Duck and Dog
7) E for Egg and Elephant
8) F for Frog
9) F for Fish
10) G for Goat
11) H for Horse
12) H for House
13) I for Insect
14) I for Indian
15) J for Jelly
16) J for Jack-in-the-box
17) K for Kettle
18) K for Kangaroo
19) L for lollipop
20) L for Leaf
21) M for Monkey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting