Friday, February 10, 2012

Fun Class: N for Necklace

This was an interesting lesson that I had been looking forward to since attended the phonics course by Jann, as the craft work was making a necklace by using macaroni!

We started the lesson after Chloe sang the greeting song.

After tracing letter N on a paper, we listened to the phonics rhyme and song of N, that went like this,
Nuzzling noses, n, n, n, n is the sound of N!

I had saved the songs in my Iphone and played from there, she would point to the phonics paper and words when singing the rhyme.


The next step should be pasting pictures of objects spelled after letter N, but I let her coloured the macaroni first as it needed more time to dry.

The materials for this craft work were just the macaroni and a elastic string. Chloe kept asking whether the macaroni can be eaten, ha!

After done with the colouring of Macaroni, I put it aside for drying. She then pasted the pictures:

She would name the object before pasting, and I would explain the object to her if she had lesser knowledge on it.

I prompted her to spell the word "necklace", but I did not record it, if you are interested to know how it works, please refer to my previous posts or here.

She coloured a picture of necklace while waiting for the macaroni to dry.


I blow the macaroni by using hairdryer to ensure that the colours were fully dried up. Chloe joined the macaroni up by using the elastic string. She couldn't do it properly so I got to help her.


The finished product:


I wanted to take a picture of her after she put the necklace on, but she refused to, so we were like fighting, struggling, resisting, and finally:


We had fun singing the "One little finger", it was pretty fast. The lyrics:
One little finger, one little finger, one little finger, tap! tap! tap!
Point to the ceiling, point to the floor and point it to your nose!
One little finger, one little finger, one little finger, tap! tap! tap!
Point to the ceiling, point to the floor and put it on your mouth!

She said "thank you" to me to end the lesson :)

The lesson plan:
1) Greeting Song, click here
2) Introduce letter N, kid traces capital and small letter N
3) Kid listens to phonics sound and song of N
4) Kid colours the macaroni and leaves it dry
5) Kid takes pictures of object starting with letter N, names and pastes the pictures on an A4 paper.
6) Prompting
7) Colour the phonics sheet
8) Craft work
9) Summary
10) Closing song

Development age: 2 years 10 mths
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

I attended my phonics lesson for mummies here.

List of my fun classes:
1) A for Ant
2) A for Apple
3) B for Bubbles and Bear
4) C for Crocodile
5) C for Cake
6) D for Duck and Dog
7) E for Egg and Elephant
8) F for Frog
9) F for Fish
10) G for Goat
11) H for Horse
12) H for House
13) I for Insect
14) I for Indian
15) J for Jelly
16) J for Jack-in-the-box
17) K for Kettle
18) K for Kangaroo
19) L for lollipop
20) L for Leaf
21) M for Monkey
22) M for Mummy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting