Thursday, December 20, 2012

Brayden's Speech Development at 18 months

If you are following my blog, you will know that I seldom post the progress of my son, who is currently 2 years old.
My focus is mostly on my elder girl, who is 3 years old and who I thought is at the age of learning. But my son has always surprised me and proven to me that kids start learning from the day they are born.
This video was taken when he was 18 months old, for which he was able to recognise and tell the name of many animals.



My son started talking single words before he's turning one year old. He was able to say words like flower, fish, star, ball and many more after he's one year old. Obviously, he has earlier speech development than my elder girl. Many says that this is because he picked up the language from my girl, which might be true, but recently I realise that he knows some words that my girl doesn't know yet, example brinjal and broccoli, which he probably read it from his baby book.

I think the environment could have played a part on his progress. I have posted about the importance of books at home, for which I also mentioned that I keep books at home and in my car, so that the kids can read whenever they want to. My boy read pictorial books when he was few months old, he would read the book himself on his car seat when I fetch him home from the babysitter's house, the journey took about half an hour.

A picture of him reading in the car when he was 15 month old

Another video of him tested by his daddy on alphabets:

He probably picked the alphabets up from Leap Frog DVD.

Recently, he likes using the word "because", here's a little joke:
I saw my boy playing his grandmother's water bottle......
Me: Brayden, can you don't play Ma Ma's water bottle ("Ma Ma" is the Cantonese saying of grandmother).
Brayden: No, because my mother say(s) I can drink water.
Me: ??? Who is your mother?!
Brayden gave me a cheeky smile and replied "mummy".

Going forward, I have more concerns on his character than his learning development, intelligent kids are normally also the problematic kids, if no appropriate guidance are given, they might end up doing their academic poorly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting