Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Art Fun! 1 - Fun with Colours!

As she had finished her fun classes, I intend to let her have some art lessons during our free time. So I thought it might be good to expose her to the colours first.

I created the following colours worksheet, you may download it if you find it useful:
The purpose of the worksheet is to expose her to different combinations of the colours, not to force her to memorise the results.

For example on the first combination, I would ask her what colour will it be if I were to mix red and yellow together. Maybe she had not done it before, she would tell me black, pink, red and etc. I let her guess a few times, and told her to mix the colours and observe the result.

She was very excited when she saw the colours changed after mixing together.

She was eager to find out what were the other colours combinations. She did a good job that she had got all the colours right!

Whenever there was any combination that she did not know, she would say "let's mix and find out!".

After she had done all the colours combinations, I prompted her to spell the colours, and helped her to write them down beside the colours. For technique of prompting, you may refer here.

She helped me to wipe the brushes clean after the lesson, I think it would be a good habit for her to keep all the stationery and materials after her art lesson.



Points to note:
The objective of this lesson is to expose the kid to colours, let the kid understand what are primary colours, and not to force the kid to memorise the outcomes. It is very important that the kid enjoy what he or she is doing, if not all the efforts will go into waste.

Development age: 3 years 10 months
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

I would update other Art Fun lessons here. If you like my lesson, please like the Facebook page "Learn The Fun Way" for more updates.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting