Friday, January 25, 2013

Art Fun! 2 - Chinese New Year Drawing / Greeting Card

As Chinese New Year is approaching, we did a drawing of plum blossom which can be used as a greeting card.

The materials are very simple, just a piece of white card, paints and a few brushes.

To start, we need to 'blow' the brunches of the plum blossom out, believe me, this is a very interesting activity for your child :)
You can use a brush to put a few drops of the colour on a white card, alternatively you can also use a straw to do this.

Chloe was blowing hard to create the brunches. Do note that the colour must be watery enough, if not it is very hard to blow the brunches out.


The brunches should look something like this:

We then need to print the plum blossom on the paper. I asked her what colour should I mix to get pink, and we referred to the first lesson on the colours combination.

She took red and white and mixed to get pink:

After getting the pink colour, I demonstrated to her how to use the index finger to print the petals of the plum blossom. It should be 5 petals in each flower but she printed it everywhere on the paper without constructing the structure, never mind, the result was still quite satisfactory.

I helped her to write the Chinese words "福到人间" on the card, which means "good fortune or blessing". She written her name at the bottom of the drawing.
 

A picture of her with her drawing that full of 'blessing', ha!
 

I pasted the  drawing on my feature wall in the living hall, it is rather small, I should have use a bigger paper :(

A closer look on the drawing:


If you like my Art Fun!, please like the Facebook page "Learn The Fun Way" for more updates.

Lastly, a very happy Chinese new year to all!

Development age: 3 years 10 months
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

List of my Art Fun!:
1) Fun with colours

Do also visit my A to Z fun classes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting