Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chinese Poem - 静夜诗 - 李白

There are some arguments on whether kids should recite the Chinese poems (those classical type e.g. from the Tang  Dynasty 唐诗, Song Dynasty 宋词, or Yuan Dynasty 元曲), I'm more pro towards the arguments that classical Chinese poems are beneficial to the kids, but I would not force her to memorise the poems, the choice is still hers.

I try to recite the poems to her at night before sleep (so in another words I got to refresh my memory on these.....haha!), sometimes she would recite after me, sometimes she would ignore me and sing her nursery rhyme.

So the first poem she can memorise is the 静夜诗 from 李白. A video of her:


The poem in Chinese:
床 前 看 月 光,疑 是 地 上 霜。
举 头 望 山 月,低 头 思 故 乡

I found the English translation of this poem here, although I do not think it has fully translated the meaning of this beautiful poem written in the Tang Dynasty by Li Bai, it can be a reference for those who do not understand Chinese.

"So bright a gleam on the foot of my bed
Could there have been a frost already 
Lifting my head to look, I found that it was moonlight.

Sinking back again, I thought suddenly of home."

I would upload more videos of her reciting the Chinese poems, but if she is not interested, I would just stop here.


Development age: 3 years 10 months
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

If you would like to get more updates on her fun learning, please like the Facebook page "Learn The Fun Way". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting