Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chinese Poem: 相思 - 王维

This is the second video of her reciting the Chinese poem.



Her pronunciation is still very heavy with English accent, but it is much better than her first video clip.

She got the poem after a few attempts, when she's in her mood, she would keep trying until she got the lines, she would also stop me from telling her the next line; but if she's not in her mood, she would tell me she doesn't like the poem, for which I would just let it go.

The poem in Chinese:
红豆生南国,春来发几枝。
愿君多采撷,此物最相思。

The translation I got from Internet for your reference:
“When those red berries come in springtime,
Flushing on your south land branches,
Take home an armful, for my sake,
As a symbol of our love.”


Points to note:
Although I've given the English translation above, you do not need to explain the poem in English to your kids when reciting the poem to them.  Reciting of poem is just like singing a nursery rhyme, the kids do not need to understand the meaning of the poem word by word, they will get to understand it when time comes by.

Other Chinese poem that your kid might like:
  1. 静夜思 - 李白
 Development age: 3 years 10 months
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

If you would like to get more updates on her fun learning, please like the Facebook page "Learn The Fun Way". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting